Wednesday, August 7, 2013

How breaking my ankle is going to make me a better blogger

Well, I guess it's all right there in the title.  On July 25th I broke my ankle.  I fell down the stairs while carrying my baby.  My mama bear instincts just took over, thank goodness.  It was the strangest thing - it happened so quickly and so slowly all together right there on the stairs.  I felt my body turning as I cradled my little girl to protect her.  When we landed I was much relieved to find that she was just fine.  Sadly, I'm not.  I won't be able to bear weight on my right ankle for quite some time.  

It could have been so much worse, that fall down the stairs.  Instead of breaking my ankle, I could have snapped my spine - just as easily and just as fast; and that would have been a permanent change. 

Instead of watching tv all day or sitting around feeling sorry for myself (although I must confess to having done some of both), from now on out I'm going to do my best to take this as an opportunity to do something new, interesting, and fun.  Whatever happens, it'll definitely be different than what I had planned.  (Cleaning my house, canning tomatoes, gardening...!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that here's a new commitment from me to whoever happens to be reading this--- I'll try to share at least a few of the things that I learn and experience over the next year.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment