Friday, August 16, 2013

Today has been a tough day

I just really miss being able to stand up!  You know, going to the bathroom while balancing on one foot and a walker is really not very much fun.  And I miss standing and holding my daughter, rocking her.  Being able to sleep on my side.  Being able to go upstairs and cook, well, anything!!
The longer I sit here (at my desk instead of with my foot elevated on the couch) the more it hurts.  Blood is rushing down my leg, making my toes and ankle swell.  But I long to do something normal, if only for a few minutes.
In about a week we're flying to Michigan.  I'm terrified of the journey.  Actually, I was terrified before I broke my leg.  Having never flown with my own baby, I'm worried she's going to cry the whole time, that we're going to be 'that family' that annoys the heck out of everyone else on the airplane.  And now, I've got this leg to deal with.  It's so bad that I don't know if I'll be able to take care of her that much - my poor husband has to somehow keep both of us happy, and that's not an easy task in our own home, much less an airplane.
Well, I would write more, and definitely edit more, but this hurts.
I guess I'll keep trying to think positive... but I just feel like something has been stolen from me.  I read on mybrokenleg.com that feeling depressed is normal after a break like this...
Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment